counter

Friday 12 December 2008

light on-david cook

Never really said too much
Afraid it wouldn`t be enough
Just try to keep my spirits up
When there`s no point in grieving
Doesn`t matter anyway
Words could never make me stay
Words will never take my place
When you know i`m leaving


Try to leave a light on when i`m gone
Something i rely on to get home
One i can feel at night
A naked light, a fire to keep me warm
Try to leave a light on when i`m gone
Even in the daylight, shine on
And when it`s late at night you can look inside
You won`t feel so alone

You know we`ve been down that road
What seems a thousand times before
My back to a closing door and my eyes to the seasons
That roll out underneath my heels
And you don`t know how bad it feels
To leave the only one that i have ever believed in

Sometimes it feels like we`ve run out of luck
When the signal keeps on breaking up
When the wires cross in my brain
Text ColorYou`ll start my heart again
When i come along

No comments: